Saturday, April 13, 2013

WAITING FOR GODOT or SEARCHING FOR NEMO????


Sitting at my usual spot, I reminisce times where the water was my home... I look at my legs, and I long for that shiny, scaly tail that could get me anywhere! Back in the years of Atlantis, I would swim to Thera and back, before moonset! Now all I can do is sit in nostalgia, and remember the mer-life.....

At this exact same spot, not long ago, I shared a bottle of Balvenie, was offered  sugared cocoa beans, and exchanged intimate secrets with an estranged soul! Then, when the single malt syrup was almost gone, I gave myself away in ecstasy, without waiting for something in return! What a journey! At the end, it felt akin to emptying your body in a jar, painfully void but fulfilling at the same time! 

As the month of April is half gone, I think about lunar cycles and planetary conjunctions! I think of new beginnings and I wonder if this is it! The mark of a new era.... My land being stripped naked by greedy bankers and politicians, and me, acknowledging  that this is all happening for the best! 

I'm waiting for Neptune to come and get me....he said that we shall swim from Southampton to the coast of Spain... Did I say swim?? Oh no, sail, I meant sail.... ( I left my tail in Atlantis!) . If we pass through Gibraltar, I ll get some stones to bring home! Blue and purple, shiny ones!! 
In the evening, I shall wear orange silk, I shall infuse the air with frangipani incense and  serve Aztec food ... But before moonset, I shall leave the silk on the deck, stand naked on the bow...and dive back into the blue to find my tail..... 

Don't look for me.... 

I shall not return....

Adieu!!! 


                                                                                Copyright © 2013 Emilia




No comments:

Post a Comment